Wrong cable?

From: Araújo
Subject: Wrong cable?
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:32:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi. I've tried before(not very harder) to put gnokii
to work but not much sucess. But now I'm determinated
in put the software working because soon or later my
boss will want a sms gateway working :-). Anyway, I
compiled gnokii-0.3.5 without any problems. I'm
testing Nokia 6110 and 6210. The famous Hmm...
GSM_LinkOK never went true...show up all the time when
I call gnokii --monitor. Yes, the /dev/gnokii is
there, but no beep or anything else happens in the
cellphone(6110). I'm testing the software with the
cable Type: DLR-3P from Nokia. I hve tsted with a
"strange" hand-made cable, both work in windows with
(can't remember the software). My question is, could
the cable be the problem? Thanks.