Re: 6160/6160i

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: 6160/6160i
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:57:35 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 10:17:10AM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> What is the official status of the 6160?

I think none of the developers have this kind of phone so we have no
possibility to test it ourself.

> it.  Which according to the FAQ means that I'm using an unsupported model.
> The TODO in the debian package also says that 6160 support is still "to be
> done" - but to contact hugh before making any source changes.  Unfortunately
> the only address I've seen for hugh (@linuxcare.com) got bounced.

This list is the appropriate place to contact us.

> The message itself is a little worrisome.  I know most of the world was
> smart and decided on a common standard, but my phone's TDMA, not GSM (in
> North America we can't even settle on national standards) - please don't
> tell me this code can't talk to a TDMA phone!

If you have some time you can make some experiment. Maybe this phone can
be supported by one of the existing drivers. Try to set the model to one of
the following: 6110, 6510, 3110, 2110, dancall, AT, AT-HW and issue
gnokii --identify. Please write us which is working and which is not.

Bye,
Bozo