Re: CVS Status

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: CVS Status
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:51:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Markus Plail wrote:

> > CVS should compile now, so you can get and test it.
>
> What about the unmaintained drivers? 3110 for example, 2110 doesn't
> compile either. Perhaps we should modify sources to not use them for the
> moment?

I hope to fix 3110 to at least compile before 0.4.0 and after all other
SMS things are finished. I hope Pavel will take care of 2110 and Duncall.
Other stuff like old 6160 mbus support will be not present in 0.4.0 unless
someone wants to maintain it. In the future I'm willing to push to
obsolete every driver that it not actively maintained such situation means
2 things:
1. The driver will not be up-to-date with other gnokii changes
2. Nobody is interested in the driver.
And it means it's not worth to keep it alive.

pkot
PS. Tamas Bondar was willing to take over 3110 driver but he seems to
disappeared.