Re: PDU's

From: Jason Corcoran.
Subject: Re: PDU's
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:07:58 +0100

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 18:25, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > I am looking at gnokii for the first time. I wish to dump out the full
> > pdu as received by the phone. Is this possible or is there an application
> > out there that will do the business for me.
>
> Please be more specific with your question. I'm not sure if I understand
> you correctly.
>
> pkot

Sorry about that,

I have an esme application that converts Enhanced messages to Nokia Picture
messages. I do a hex dump of the pdu before sending it to the smsc, which
returns a valid msgid. The mobile network part is taking the message and
passing it to the handset. What we want to do is see the message, which is
being rejected by the handset. From what I have seen of Gnokii it will only
allow you to dump messages that are in the phones memory. Is there anyway to
realtime monitor what the phone is receiving?

Hope this clears up the question.

--
Thanks
Jason.

recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied,
disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended
copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.