Re: Small annoucement, 3310 support and question for gnokii developers f

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Small annoucement, 3310 support and question for gnokii developers from stupid ;-))) Marcin....
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 16:38:06 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 12:42:33PM +0200, Marcin Wiacek wrote:
[...]

> 2. no. Phone can't handle next sms sending request before receiving SMSC
> response (at least Nokia)

This is a technical argument, thx.

> things. Some another example: nice mbus2 module from Bozo. It isn't
> optimalized correctly. Next time will be required to be spent for it.

Sorry Marcin, but your mbus2 module is ugly. I've looked into it, but
I wasn't impressed too much:

* why do you use checksum[2]? mbus2 uses only _one_ byte xor checksum.
* you detect the ack frame when you try to process the low order byte
  of the length field. Before it you store the sequence number * 256
  into message length
* you won't check the checksum when you receive an acknowledge frame.
* sender checksum calculation: http://www.flosys.com/tdma says you have to
  avoid sending messages with the 0x1f checksum value (equals to the
  frame header). Some phones won't acknowledge this message.

Look into my source again and think about it. It's more elegant. And
my source contains a small trick (DTR/RTS toggling) before sending
a new message. Without it I'm not able to communicate with my 6110
in MBUS mode (maybe a cable dependent thing).

This _is_ technical. I won't repeat this message in the future.

Bye,
Bozo