Re: data connectio with Nokia 6110

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: data connectio with Nokia 6110
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:47:51 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:46:40PM +0200, Aart Koelewijn wrote:
> I installed Gnokii 0.4.0pre20 on my Gericom Overdose 0920E notebook and it
> seems to work well generally with a Nokia 6110 and infrared connection.

[...]

> Now I'm trying to establish a data connection between my notebook and my
> computer at home and for this followed the instructions in
> Docs/DataCalls-QuickStart
>
> The phone will call the right number, but then will disconnect almost
> immediately and will give the information tone. The computer at home will
> receive a call but will almost immediately get the busy tone from the
> caller. With a voice call with my gsm-phone the number is transmitted, so
> I can see who is calling, but in this case there is no number transmitted.

Maybe the call diverts are activated for data calls. This problem is solved,
the fix is in the cvs. Please checkout a cvs version and test it too. If
it doesn't work, compile a debug version and send us the log. Don't forget
to read the INSTALL file about compiling a cvs version.

Beware! The SMS support in the cvs isn't fully functional yet, we're working
on it.

Bye,
Bozo