RE: IrComm for Windows 2000/XP

From: Andrea Cerrito
Subject: RE: IrComm for Windows 2000/XP
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:17:10 +0200

As reported by Nokia, MS patched the ircomm driver to permit to use
ircomm as a com port (like in Win95/98).
- From Nokia:

http://www.nokia.com/phones/productsupport/8310/troubleshooting.html
IRCOMM UPGRADE NEEDED TO WINDOWS 2000
If your PC is running Windows 2000, make sure that you have upgraded
it with the IrCOMM patch. Without the IrCOMM patch installed, you
will not be able to make data calls with your PC using your 8310
phone. Updates for Windows are available from the Microsoft Download
Center at http://support.microsoft.com/.
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q252795

Other links:

http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/tech/network/infrared/WinXP-IrDa.asp