Re: 6160 and TDMA phones

From: Derek Broughton
Subject: Re: 6160 and TDMA phones
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:43:23 -0300

From: "BORBELY Zoltan" <address@hidden>

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 03:53:35PM -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > I still haven't been able to figure out what are MBUS and what are FBUS
> > cables.  It seems to be either a DLR3 or DLR3-P.  It works perfectly for
> > dial-up, it just doesn't seem able to get anything at all from the phone
> > itself.
>
> I looked into the archives and read the mails of the last month. If I
> understand correctly you said you can use your phone to dialup with
> linux. Is it correct? If you can use directly pppd it shows your phone
> has a builtin modem so you can try the AT or AT-HW models. If it doesn't
> work please test your phone with a regular terminal program (e.g. kermit
> or minicom). Please send us the result.

Sorry, I've been gone for a while, but it seems I got no response on my
previous query anyway.  You said we needed better framedumps for the 6160.
I'll be happy to get them, but I have no idea how.  What would I need to do?

As for using AT commands, I can do all the standard modem commands (e.g.,
ATI), but I can't use AT or AT-HW as model types in gnokii.  I'd send you
the results from minicom, but I don't understand what tests you want to see.
Is any of this documented anywhere?  If not, once I figure it out I'll add
it to the documentation.

And I still can't tell whether a DLR3 is an MBUS or FBUS cable.
--
derek