Re: segfault ahoi

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: segfault ahoi
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:53:40 +0200 (CEST)

On 30 Jun 2002, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:

> Now to irda vs infrared. Which is which? My understanding was irda is raw
> irda, infrared uses the Linux IRDA-Stack. I am correct?

Not sure what is the distinction between "raw irda" and the "Linux
IRDA-Stack". Anyway, infrared does not use Linux IrDA stack. It was
implemented for 61X0 phones, which don't have the full IrDA stock
implementation. So the 'infrared' value is the irda driver included in
gnokii designed for 61X0 (6110, 6130 and 6150 - and possibly TDMA models)
phones. For all other IrDA equipped phone models use 'irda'. The latter
uses Linux IrDA stock implementation.