Re: bugs in xgnokii 4.2a

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: bugs in xgnokii 4.2a
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:59:17 +0200

Hi Pawel, Boldizsar!

* Pawel Kot writes:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Boldizsar Nagy wrote:
>> I wrote a letter 2 or 3 weeks ago about these bugs, but in the newest
>> version 4.2a they are still there.

> Thanks for the report. Unfortunately we don't have enough active
> developer resources to fix all bugs. The main forces work on the
> libgnokii and the drivers at the moment. xgnokii is fixed and updated
> only by Markus at the moment (thanks Markus :-)). Your reports got
> saved and hopefully they will be fixed soon. I think (not sure,
> haven't looked into xgnokii for some time already) that 2. is just not
> implemented. Does the equal functionality work from the command line?

Hmm.. I didn't neither get the mail you are responding to, nor the mail
Boldizsar says he has written some weeks ago. I can't find them in
groups.google either, just your response. Strange. So that is the main
reason that it didn't get fixed.

>> Info about the phone:
>> Nokia 6150
>> NSM-1                SW 5.23, HW2360
>> The cable is on ttyS1 an it is a dau9p.
>> gnokiirc is the same at each version. I attaced it.
>>
>> The bugs
>> 1.   xgnokii -- calendar -- add reminder
>> with 4.2a I add a reminder with alarm on the same day I got "Saving
>> failed failed (error = 8)".
>>
>> with 3.5 I add a reminder with alarm on the same day I got "Saving
>> failed failed (error = 23)".

Can you save calendar notes with command line gnokii?

> This is just because the cleanups in the error codes. It would be
> smart to change the error numbers with error descriptions. I'll try to
> do it this weekend.

This is definitely a good idea ;-)

>> 2.   xgnokii -- calendar -- edit note
>> I vainly press the button nothing happens

That's because there is no functionality ;-) The whole button should be
gone in the lates CVS.

>> 3.   xgnokii -- contacts -- read from phone
>> After pressing the button the program reads only half of the phone's,
>> and SIM's memory.  I can see in the pop-up window on the lines, and
>> some numbers truly aren't there.  This bug is only in 4.0 final, and
>> 4.2a too, but 3.5 works.

I will try to reproduce it here with my 6110.

>> Please write me whereof will be the bugs fixed.
>> Thanks in advance for Your answer!

Hopefully soon. That's all I can say.

regards
Markus