Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:26:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Not true. The SMS handling has completly different philosophy in the newer
> Nokia models. Applying the old schema would just limit its functionality.

I agree.

> Nokia 6210, 6310, 6510 etc hide SIM/Phone memory distinction from the user.
> I don't think any sense in limiting this functionality. Anyway I write new

But what about using the new schema for old phones? I don't know if this is
possible but what about creating virtual phone which will have Inbox,
Outbox, Achive and My folders. Inside the gnokii, driver recognize the right
phone type and will use the right memory type. If application will data from
Archive and phone is 6110, it can return empty folder or unimplemented.

                                        jano

--
Once there came a storm in the form of a girl
It blew to pieces my snug little world