Re: 2 of the Most commonly answered questions where?

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: 2 of the Most commonly answered questions where?
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 01:13:49 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 06:49:23PM -0400, Roger wrote:
> Can one use gnokii to dial into a dialup isp provider to connect a
> laptop to the internet?  (i've heard of Voice Stream even providing ISDN
> service).

This is the main purpose of the gnokiid. But the nokia site states your
phone has a builtin modem, so just try to use the IrCOMM interface of
your phone. It's much better than gnokiid.

> Also, i tried to change the logo by adding a pee-pee to the "cingular
> logo"...but the logo didn't export/save to the phone. however, i can do
> the stuff i need to modify which is the "phonebook data" with this Nokia
> 8290.  (nor does the Calendar function work on gnokii-0.4.2a)

I think there are quite huge differencies in the logo upload functionality
between the TDMA and GSM phones. There are two possible solution:

* you can add the following to the P6100_capabilities array in nk6100.c:

    { "NSB-7",      NULL,           P6100_CAP_NBS_UPLOAD },

* if the previous solution won't work, you have to get a software which can
  set the logo and you have to capture the logo setting frames. If you send
  it to us we can implement the neccessary functionality in gnokii too.

Bye,
Bozo