3310 still a problem

From: Mitch Arniego
Subject: 3310 still a problem
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:10:35 -0700 (PDT)

hi pawel

3310 can't seem to work even with 0.4.3. Another, i
can't seem to make smsd connect with my mysql server.
this has this error:
Connection to database 'sms' on host 'localhost'
failed.
Error: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host localhost and
accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

i think i can connect thru tcp/ip because i use this
server for my php projects with database.
i already put in the database sms and the tables.

what i did so far:
linked libmysqlclient.so so smsd compiled properly
configured .gnokiirc for 3310 and put it in my home
directory (root)

is there anything i missed (sorry im such a loser at
this)

and if anybody made 0.4.3 or any version work with
3310, please message me i really need this to work.
thanks

=====
A lost battle is a battle one thinks one has lost. -- Ferdinand Foch