RE: 6150 through infrared

From: Szabo, Tamas
Subject: RE: 6150 through infrared
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:24:34 +0100

Hi,

I read the howto (again) but I did not find any new information.

I use /dev/ttyS0 with settings: uart 8250 port 0x3f8 irq 4, and of curse I
do not use IrDA drivers when I try to connect with gnokii. My .gnokiirc is
set up based on howto. There is another notebook (a Portocom) which is able
to work with my phone, and installed and set up by me.

The main question: is it possible that my _hardware_ can not usable in SIR
mode? (basically, as I mentioned, it can send bytes over IR port (without
IrDA modules (nsc-ircc, ircomm, ircomm-tty, etc))).

In the bios I can set FIR only. But AFAIK the nsc chip is able to work in
SIR mode - and with minicom I can send bytes over IR using the linux serial
driver (I think in this case I use SIR mode), but at 115200 (and higher
speeds) some garbage appears in minicom.

Sza2.

Problems with Windows - Reboot.
Problems with Linux       - Be root.