Re: Tekram IR-210B & 6110 - Hopeless?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Tekram IR-210B & 6110 - Hopeless?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:02:58 +0200

>>> address@hidden 12 September 2002 11:26:49 >>>
> Correct me if I am wrong.
> 6110 is just about the last model in the nokia line that do not speak propper
> full blown irda, and the IR-210B is the only dongle that will not suport
> gnokis own infrared mode..

The first part is correct. But why do you say that IR-210B won't work with
gnokii
infrared driver?

Did you read Docs/gnokii-ir-howto?

> Loads of nice irdadump waving of hands - ie. not quite handshaking.

But why do you enable Linux-IrDA?

> address@hidden root]# /usr/local/bin/gnokii --identify
> GNOKII Version 0.4.3
> Opened configuration file /root/.gnokiirc
> Added new section global
> Adding key/value port//dev/ircomm0
> Adding key/value model/6110
> Adding key/value initlength/1
> Adding key/value connection/irda

It has NO chance to work.

> Killing irattach, and trying "infrared" mode the best I can manage is:

Are irda modules *unloaded*? Even better is to try it with recompiled kernel
with no irda modules. Then you can be sure.

> address@hidden root]# /usr/local/bin/gnokii --identify
> GNOKII Version 0.4.3

Could you please try latest CVS?

> What I can not manage is to get minicom to talk to the phone.

And you won't.

> Now, what do you all reckon? Where should I spend my effort?

Two things:
 - unload/disable all linux-irda related things.
 - use latest cvs, there were fixes in the nk6100 driver after 0.4.3 release.