Re: Datacall with 5110?

From: M. Tavasti
Subject: Re: Datacall with 5110?
Date: 04 Oct 2002 11:23:58 +0300

"M. Tavasti" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've tried to make datacall with gnokiid and 5110. Gnokiid starts
> fine, and I can make a call with minicom. But modem I'm calling to is
> faxmodem, and gsm get's fax connection. However, same modem with same
> settings answers ok for datacalls with 'normal' modem, so configurin
> the other modem is not the issue.

This seems to remain as mystery. First time I tried every call I did
was connected as fax, but now I get perfect data connection. And
nothing is changed between? Anyway, now it works and that's all I
needed. Hopefully this fax-syndrom doesn't return when I really need
that connection...

--
M. Tavasti /  address@hidden  /   +358-40-5078254