Re: info on connecting with 5165 (MacOS X)

From: Ruotger . Skupin
Subject: Re: info on connecting with 5165 (MacOS X)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 17:38:57 +0200

Am Dienstag, 08.10.02, um 15:01 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Frank Groot:

Although,

A simple AT model connection will work an Mac OS X with infrared port

Yes it does. You can connect to the internet and everything. I also played with ZTerm for a while and tried various AT commands, no problem with my PowerBook. The problem is that Nokia invented these proprietary FBUS/MBUS protocols. This is where gnokii excels, but I haven't been able to send any MBUS commands to my phone (6210) over infrared....