How to obtain call duration?

From: Krishna Dagli
Subject: How to obtain call duration?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:19:28 +0530

> This is not an easy question. Maybe some methods will work with your phone,
> others not. You can try the followings:
> * Using the call management api (see gsm-call.c). The nk6100.c driver
>   supports it, maybe the nk6510 driver can be converted if the
>   P6510_IncomingCommStatus function is working (Markus?)
> * You can poll the display status (see gnokii --getdisplaystatus)
>
> Bye,
> Bozo
>
> --__--__--

I'm happy to workaround and get a phone where some method
works. Current problem is when I dial a number and if it
just ringing at other side, gnokii --getdisplaystatus shows
"active call" message and when both the parties are
connected it shows "active call". I'm not able to find out
at what point actually both parties started talking.

I got a datasuite to see if there is anything according to
etsi AT command set but not much help. There is something
like
Advice of Charge AT+CAOC but this just displays zeros
everytime. I'm ready to log and share info.

If there is any other trick/pointer? Is there something
which phone sends to PC after dialing and as soon as other
end pickups the phone?

Any Help/Pointers?
========
Krishna