Problems with 3310

From: Michael Zell
Subject: Problems with 3310
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:18:49 +0100

Hi,

I didn't succeed to connect my Nokia 3310 (firmware V 04.45) to my box with
gnokii. I tried it on two different linux boxes and I believe that the serial
cable must be ok cause it worked with logomanager in Windoz.
Here is what gnokii says:

GNOKII Version 0.4.3
CFG_ReadFile - open /root/.gnokiirc: No such file or directory
Opened configuration file /etc/gnokiirc
Added new section global
Adding key/value port//dev/ttyS0
Adding key/value model/3310
Adding key/value initlength/default
Adding key/value connection/serial
Adding key/value bindir//usr/local/sbin/
Adding key/value use_locking/yes
Adding key/value serial_baudrate/115200
Added new section connect_script
Adding key/value TELEPHONE/12345678
Added new section disconnect_script
Added new section sms
Adding key/value timeout/10
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
Getting phone info (old way)...
Message sent: 0xd1 / 0x0005
00 01 00 03 00                                  |
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0xd1 / 0x0005
00 01 00 03 00                                  |
The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got  0
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0xd1 / 0x0005
00 01 00 03 00                                  |
The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got  0
SM_Block Retry - 2
Telephone interface init failed! Quitting.

I read in the archive of gnokii-users that some other guys had the same
problem. I wonder if anyone has solved it yet or knows some kind of
workaround - or do I have to wait for the next version of gnokii?

Thanks very much,
zhost