Problems with 3310

From: Michael Zell
Subject: Problems with 3310
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:36:28 +0100

> > I didn't succeed to connect my Nokia 3310 (firmware V 04.45) to my box
> > with gnokii. I tried it on two different linux boxes and I believe that
> > the serial cable must be ok cause it worked with logomanager in Windoz.
> > Here is what gnokii says:
> >
> > GNOKII Version 0.4.3
>
> You should use CVS version.
I've tried it - same error as before:

GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre
cfg_read_file - open /root/.gnokiirc: No such file or directory
Opened configuration file /etc/gnokiirc
Added new section global
Adding key/value port//dev/ttyS0
Adding key/value model/3310
Adding key/value initlength/default
Adding key/value connection/serial
Adding key/value bindir//usr/local/sbin/
Adding key/value use_locking/yes
Adding key/value serial_baudrate/19200
Added new section connect_script
Adding key/value TELEPHONE/12345678
Added new section disconnect_script
Added new section sms
Adding key/value timeout/10
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got  0
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got  0
SM_Block Retry - 2
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out. Quitting.

By the way - the same error messages appear no matter if a telephone is
connected to the serial cable or not, but only if the cable is connected to
the computer.
I've got some kind of cable where you can switch between F and M - the error
messages like "the fbus stream is out of sync" only appear when it is
switched to M, when it is switched to F it says exactly the same as above
without the line beginning with "The fbus stream ...", but still cannot
connect.
Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Thx,
zhost