Re: gnokii + nokia 8310 via IRDA = GPRS over WAP --> any success so fa

From: ALESSANDRO.SUARDI
Subject: Re: gnokii + nokia 8310 via IRDA = GPRS over WAP --> any success so far ???
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 10:28:14 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

> Hi,
> Cannot give advice on your exact configuration but on my Toshiba
> notebook I have to use the toshoboe.o module for IR.
> Anthony

I actually find confusing what Hans is trying to accomplish.

This message gets to you through a PPP over IrDA link using GPRS on a Nokia
6310;
 gnokii isn't involved at all with this. WAP isn't either.

If you're simply trying to do what I am doing, please check Jean Tourhilles
page about
 IrDA - that's the first debugging place you want to see. If you can see your
IR adapter
 I may then provide you help with the PPP scripts that manage GPRS connections.

> On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Hans Neukomm wrote:
> > Subject: gnokii + nokia 8310  via IRDA = GPRS over WAP  --> any success
> >     so far ???
> >
> > hi all
> >
> > since months i try every once in a while again and again - hours or half
> > days
> > - downloading and searching for NEWEST online info and drivers - so far
> > ZERO
> > success ...
> >
> > 1. to get IR running on my linux with Toshiba satellite pro 6000 ( using
> > all
> > the available info and drivers !!! - no success so far - i can't even get
> > my
> > linux box to recognize any other IR signal ...

--alessandro