Re: gnokii daemon, etc

From: Carlos Fernandez Sanz
Subject: Re: gnokii daemon, etc
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:00:36 +0100

I don't need a full AT command set implementation. As a matter of fact, as
long as I can send SMS' as quickly as the cell phone can take them it's fine
with me - at least initially I don't plan to emulate a modem, but just
implement a small device driver that takes the SMS data in a plain text
format (something as trivial as number:text\n would be fine) and sends it
through the cell phone.

BTW I bought a Siemens C-45 only to find out that the data cable and the
power supply share the same plug, therefore you can't keep the phone plugged
and use the data cable at the same time, which renders it useless for me. So
I'm sticking with my old 3310, it's got no AT command set but still...