Re: 3330 / MacOS X

From: Ruotger . Skupin
Subject: Re: 3330 / MacOS X
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:23:34 +0100

Am Dienstag, 26.11.02, um 16:23 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Tobie Kerridge:

Hi Roddi,

thanks and yup, I looked in /dev/ at my tty devices, and set this line in ./gnokiirrc

port = /dev/tty.USA19QI213P1.1

ah, just realised I'm using the keyspan USA-19Qi with the pc style rs-232 port! Do you think this would have an impact?
I'd say that should not be a problem. What you can try is using a good old terminal program like zterm (yes, there's a carbon version) to test if you see the phone on the port.

Does the 3330 have a build-in at-command modem? if yes you should be able to send some at-commands on the said port.

And, after doing some digging I found your "mac os x read me" on the cvs which was pretty enlightening. I see I have an unsupported phone, I got me a 3330. Should I try to get hold of a 6210 or will other versions get support?
Well, I am not a gnokii developer myself. I just nudged the developers from time to time into some direction so that the little quirks regarding OS X where solved. Now it seems to work with my 6210. I did no intensive testing though. But I expect it to work with the supported phones.

bests wishes,
Tobie

Roddi

P.S.: Do you have the development tools installed?

P.P.S.: Could you please choose a more descriptive subject line? I filter for "Mac OS X". These mails will be read first (promise!)

---
Ruotger "Roddi" Skupin mailto:address@hidden aim:rraubtigger

"address@hidden" wurde jetzt abgeschaltet, bitte nur noch "address@hidden" benutzen. "address@hidden" is switched off now, please use "address@hidden".