Re: Nokia - Cell Info

From: bertrik
Subject: Re: Nokia - Cell Info
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:28:50 +0100

Citeren Aart Koelewijn <address@hidden>:

> Op 2002-12-20 om 00:14 schreef Tijmen Stam:
>
> > Chris Martinus wrote:
> >
> > > Yes.  A 0x0a 0x70 request will return network status info which includes
> > > 2-byte cellID.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately I have not seen how this cellID is translated into a cell
> name
> > > (the street name you refer to) which is displayed by the phone.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to obtain the cell name from the 6110?
> >
> > My phone displays codes in france when I switch it on, (like "M25 D11 424"
> or
> > something remotely looking like that, the same number for areas far
> greater
> > than a single pylon could span), but in the Netherlands, (or at least with
> KPN)
> > it doesn't display anything at all (haven't seen it yet at least...)
> >
> My phone displays the regional codes in the Netherlands (Vodafone)

How about adding a commandline option that executes the 0x0a 0x70
request? The request itself is apparently already implemented so
adding the option should be easy.
This would make it easier for people to report what they see
with their phone (and provider).

I won't mind looking into this further and send a patch when I
have something.

Kind regards,
Bertrik

Zon Breedband Family, 2 keer zo snel als alle andere ADSL aanbieders.
Voor maar 34 euro per maand.
Bestel nu op www.zonnet.nl/breedband en krijg het modem gratis.