Re: gnokiid and nokia 6310i

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokiid and nokia 6310i
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:38:35 +0100 (CET)

On 6 Jan 2003, Vladimir Zidar wrote:

>  It would cause much less confusion and trouble, if gnokiid were able to
> detect AT capable phone, and then just act as transparent proxy between
> application and phone.

Sure, but it requires a *LOT* of work. And I don't think it's worth. At
least I'm not willing to do it. If anyone else wishes, please do it.

But there are few things that need to be done before this, mainly the AT
parser rewrite.

Well, I can look at the $model config variable, see what is it and if it
is an AT phone, just: ln -f $port /dev/gnokii and infinitely loop in the
empty loop. But that's silly...