Problem while making gnokii

From: Malte Schünemann
Subject: Problem while making gnokii
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:49:34 +0100

When I was making gnokii 0.5.0pre6 memory usage increased and finally the
machine stopped various processes on the box.
I identified the source of the problem as being the gnokii make install-suid.
Problem is the following action.
(cd /usr/local/share/xgnokii/help; ln -sf en_US C; ln -sf en_US POSIX)
in xgnokii/Makefile .

Note that in case the links C and POSIX already exist this command line will
create an additional link named en_US in en_US pointing to that directory. It
looks as
  C -> en_US
  POSIX -> en_US
  cd en_US
  ls -l en_US
  ... en_US -> en_US

Under certain circumstance that I was not able to reproduce on cmd line this
leads to an infinite look consuming all memory until Linux kills the process. I
think I got this problem when using tool checkinstall to create an rpm package.

It would be better to use
(cd /usr/local/share/xgnokii/help; rm -f C POSIX; ln -sf en_US C; ln -sf en_US
POSIX)
I tested this change successfully.

Malte
SMS verschicken und die Telefonnummer gleich im Adressbuch speichern.
Geht nicht? -  Geht doch! - http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021150