Re: Windows GUI Interface for Gnokii

From: Marcus Godehardt
Subject: Re: Windows GUI Interface for Gnokii
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:37:41 +0000

>Would it be possible to use a toolkit that is available for both
>windows and unices? There was some talk about a new GUI anyways. Thus
>we wouldn't have to double the effort.

There is a Toolkit available called XVT you can use it under Windows or Unix based OS, but its very expensive and i have writeen several programs with it, but i think for best performance the front end the GUI has to be written in native OS code.

I have XP in Win32, Linux and Sun Solaris OS, i write server for those OS and its no problem for me to write code which runs under both OS ( i do it at my job )

As CVS System i use Java based program ( runs under WIn32, Linux and Sun Solaris ) called SmartCVS its nice and the base version is free.

VC6.0 uses special makefile ( its not compatible with other makefiles )  and i will use MFC ( makes development easier )

In my project i will use different coding styles, i know u prefer K&R style, i myself use RogueWave Style

all var names from objects start with its ( or is ) for eg itsParent, isActive and so, local Variable names have a or an for eg aObject and func vars have the for eg theString. I use no tabs instead 4 spaces and func look like this

 *
void func foo(int theCount)
{
    for ( int i=0; i<10;i++)
    {
        int a = 1;
    }
}

MSN Messenger - Sofortnachrichten verschicken MSN Easysurfer - Surfen Sie für 1,35 Cent / Minute