gnokii & nokia 5100 & linux

From: Petri Somerkari
Subject: gnokii & nokia 5100 & linux
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 12:32:11 +0200

I have suse 8.1 pro laptop and Nokia phone. I have tried to connect to the phone by using gnokii, but always get:

GSM/FBUS init failed!

Why is this. I mean I have read the archives and now I know that the connection to the phone can't be established. But I wonder why not, and does some-one have any good ideas how to get it running. I have tried many way described in various HOWTO's, but still no luck.

With irdadump I can see that my linuxbox can identify the phone, when my /etc/sysconfig/irda has IRDA_PORT set to /dev/ttyS1 which I then have set to /etc/gnokiirc as well.

P_S