Re: [MacOS X] current cvs doesn't compile

From: Ruotger . Skupin
Subject: Re: [MacOS X] current cvs doesn't compile
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:25:50 +0100

Okay, so from the beginning. We want to make gnokii includes
available for other applications as it seems to be the best
solution to make more useful gnokii-based applications.
Ok, understood.

To do it we need to create generic includes that should work
on all targetted platforms. The include is not a problem in fact.
The problem is that when the include is missing a timeval struct
would be undeclared.
Ah! now I see. The best solution would be to include <sys/time> unconditionally, but it does not exist on all systems, right?

The ideal solution would be to remove controversial structs and
types from API, as we did with bool, u8 and u16. Perhaps we
should do the same with timeval.
If that's possible...

pkot

Roddi

--- Ruotger 'Roddi' Skupin ---
As usual, Charlotte tended to agree with Gloria; in fact, she tended to agree with everybody about everything. She was as hospitable as the day was long, but it was important not to get caught in an elevator with her - she could agree you to death -- Jasper Fforde 'Lost In A Good Book'