Re: Problems sending SMSes with 6210

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Problems sending SMSes with 6210
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:55:49 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 10:31:21AM +0000, Chris Kemp wrote:
> Aggh, we had a multithreaded solution initally.  One of the main points of
> the current statemachine was to avoid threads!

I know, but the 0.3.x solution wasn't perfect. It was built over signal
driven io which caused a lot of problem. My idea is to implement a
multi threaded engine which communicates via queues and semaphores. This
should portable enough (even win32 won't be a problem).

The current approach has some drawbacks, e.g. keepalive handling should be
a pain, user must call it regulary or lost the connection to the phone.
Multiple phone support isn't practical if the caller application isn't
multi threaded.

Bye,
Bozo