gnokii 0.5.0

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: gnokii 0.5.0
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:24:16 +0200

Hi,

Gnokii 0.5.0 is released. Not really much new things
since the latest rc version. Just few small updates
and fixed wrt sms send/read and ringtones.

All other reported bugs are not forgotten. We'll
fix them during the 0.5 series life cycle. The version
numbering will also change for now -- there will
be no pre/rc versions -- just the sequent minor
number updates (quite frequent I think).

Please do test this release. Please submit the found
bugs, please report them in our bug tracking system
at savannah -- you will be guaranteed that the
bug will not be forgotten.

New developers and contributors are also very
welcome. As well patches as new feature requests
are accepted -- just keep in mind that we don't
have too much resources to work on gnokii.

Creating the libgnokii with clear API gave the
expected results. There are applications created
that use libgnokii. You should expect announces
soon.

Download gnokii 0.5.0 from the usual places.

The goals for 0.5 series:
 - fix as many bugs as it is possible
 - new features in the drivers: mainly nk6510 and atgen
 - reliable vCard/vCal support
 - support for EMS/MMS
 - support for IrDA and Bluetooth connection for non Linux systems:
MacOS X, Windows, FreeBSD
 - support third party applications