MacosX, bluetooth and 6310i only limited functionality

From: Mark Heath
Subject: MacosX, bluetooth and 6310i only limited functionality
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:40:07 +1000

Hi guys,
        I've managed to almost get gnokii working with bluetooth and
my 6310i.

I have to set my phone type to AT.  6310 does not work.
and the connection type to serial.  bluetooth does not work.
the port to /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem.  the Phone's MAC (is that right?) address
does not work.

These settings give me only limited features.  Is this correct for my setup?
What fuctionality should I have ?

I know I have an old version (4.8) of firmware on my phone, would upgrading
it help?

I see that when the phone type is set to 6310, gnokii sends 'U' to the phone
which it does not recognise.  I assume I have to tell the phone to go
into FBUS mode ?

I read somewhere that an AT*NOKIAFBUS should do this, but my phone didn't
like that command.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark