irda.h: present but cannot be compiled (at ./configure)

From: Olivier Kaloudoff
Subject: irda.h: present but cannot be compiled (at ./configure)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:42:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi dear developpers,

        I'm doing some rpms for gnokii the best as I can,
and it seems that something must be updated in the configure
scripts;

        here is the message I'm getting while ./configure:

configure: WARNING: linux/irda.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/irda.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/irda.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result

        browsing on the web, I found this on GNU lists:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-autoconf/2003-03/msg00119.html

----

Thanks for the bug report!

Unfortunately, the problem comes from the package itself, not from
Autoconf.  The configure.ac script needs to be updated.  Please, send
all this message (which your output attached) to the bug list (or the
authors) of the package you were trying to configure.

Below two parts of the Autoconf documentation are included: 1. the
documentation of AC_CHECK_HEADER(S), and 2. what's to be done to
upgrade configure.ac.

Thanks!

----

        Can someone do the appropriate changes to the CVS ?

Best Regards,

Olivier Kaloudoff
LUG Linux Azur