Re: smsd dies. no errors no core dump

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: smsd dies. no errors no core dump
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:04:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Papa San wrote:

> I'm happy to try a "pre" version on CVS.
> I checked the cvs on savannah (web interface) but I dont think I
> understand. You recently made a fix somewhere?
> It says the files in smsd are between 4 week's and 4 month's old.

Smsd uses libgnokii for comunication with phone. Bozo fixed phone driver in
libgnokii.

> I did the ./configure --enable-debug  but it didn't change any file in
> the smsd directory. Recompiled smsd anyway

Again, this enable debug in libgnokii so you will see lowlevel communication
with phone. If you want only debug output from smsd, you must recompile smsd
with -DXDEBUG. This will show only smsd related output, not lowlevel
messages.

                                jan