gnokii character error

From: Jesper Rasmussen
Subject: gnokii character error
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:14:59 +0200

I have gnokii installed on Redhat 9 with keyboard set to Danish. When I type country specific characters on my keyboard I get the correct character.
Danish have special characters like æ,ø,å.
If I use --sendsms to send something like "hej ole æøå ÆØÅ ole" , gnokii actually sends "????????æøåÆØÅ ole" to the mobile.
If I use --getsms to read "hej ole æøå ÆØÅ ole" (as on the mobile), gnokii shows "hej ole       ole".

How can I use gnokii with my country special chracters in sms?
I assume it is an Redhat specific thing, because I have a Mandrake
installation with gnokii installed and special country charcter sending
works fine!

Any ideas?

/Jesper

address@hidden jras]$ gnokii --sendsms 60162759
GNOKII Version 0.5.2
Please enter SMS text. End your input with
<cr><control-D>:abcdefghijklmnopqurstuwvzxxyz
Send succeeded!
address@hidden jras]$ gnokii --sendsms 60162759
GNOKII Version 0.5.2
Please enter SMS text. End your input with
<cr><control-D>:abcdefghijklmnopqurstuwvzxxyz

Send succeeded!
address@hidden jras]$ gnokii --getsms ME 1
GNOKII Version 0.5.2
1. Inbox Message (unread)
Date/time: 30/09/2003 13:13:04
Sender: +4560162759 Msg Center: +4528187000
Text:
abcdefghijklmnopqurstuwvzxxyz

address@hidden jras]$ gnokii --sendsms 60162759
GNOKII Version 0.5.2
Please enter SMS text. End your input with
<cr><control-D>:abcdefghijklmnopqurstuwvzxxyz
æøå
Send succeeded!
address@hidden jras]$ gnokii --getsms ME 2
GNOKII Version 0.5.2