Re: gnokiid-0.5.4 problems - 5110 (Was: Re: Wrong cable for 5110?)

From: Jon Wikne
Subject: Re: gnokiid-0.5.4 problems - 5110 (Was: Re: Wrong cable for 5110?)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:11:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi again,

BORBELY Zoltan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please try the attached patch and let me know wheter it's working or
> not.

Sorry to say, but with this patch gnokiid aborted at an even
earlier stage, stating "NO CARRIER" after a couple of rings
on the receiving phone, before the computer there got around
to answering the call.... :-(

The way it was without the patch, there was at least some
modem communication before the error occurred.

> If it doesn't solve the problem please generate another debug
> output. Please add both --enable-debug and --enable-rlpdebug flags
> to configure (these logs were generated without the --enable-rlpdebug
> and some important info missing).

I did. The result is in the same place as the previous debug
outputs:

http://puma.uio.no/jon/gnokii/

(The latest log is _without_ your patch, since the original
gnokiid-0.5.4 ran for longer before aborting.)

But: To me it appears that somehow _only_ the RLP debug output
is present in this file. Does gnokii ./configure fail to honour
both --enable-debug and --enable-rlpdebug simultaneously?

-- Jon