Re: Need a help: How to get the call status from a Nokia3310?

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Need a help: How to get the call status from a Nokia3310?
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:15:38 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 12:13:22AM +0100, Olcsák Lajos wrote:

[...]

> found the GNOKII project in the net. Now width the help of the F-BUS
> documentation I can initialize the connection, make calls, cancel calls,
> but there is something that I can't: asking the call status from the
> phone, is this active or not.

Grab a newer version and look into the documentation. I found a new
message "Get call status" some months ago. I don't know it is working
or not with this phone, you have do some experiment yourself. Please
let us know the result.

>     Perhaps the documentation contains a lot of commands for this, but
> this commands aren't working!?! For me for example the 0x01: Call
> Information commands as non-usable as the 0x04: Phone Info command.
> If I send this commands, the phone answers a simple ACK frame. The
> only usable command for dialing is the 0x40: Extended commands
> 0x7C - Call command (for me only?). Is this 0x01 command new(as I
> saw somewhere in the forum)? What does it want to mean "new call form"?
> So Can I use it width my Nokia 3310?

The "old" call commands (0x7c) aren't able to handle parallel calls,
and its ability is quite limited. The new ones (the "Call Information
commands") gives more power to control the calls. Until we discovered
the get call status message we tought the 3210/3310 phones don't
support the call info messages. Currently I think these phones are
supporting the improved API but the support is more similar to the
7110 than a 6110. I have no such phone, so I cannot confirm this
idea. If you manage to find out something, please let us know.

>     As I read that the phone can send an info from the call status
> automatically width this commands but first of all my software need
> to do the authentication for this, and after that the call info will
> arrive automatically from the phone. It's a bit hard for me, althought
> I saw something in the nk6100.c. So I need a FAC, the IMEI number,
> and the MagicBytes that is a bit unknown for me :o(! What are the 4
> byte Magic? When will the phone send these to me? How, when and witch
> command will send this MagicResponse? Will this happen after the
> initialisation or before any of this unworkable commands? Has anybody
> a larger information about the "Extended Commands - Call command"
> section?

The authentication is for 5110/6110 only. The 3210/3310 phones don't
support auth, so you needn't to implement it.

Bye,
Bozo