Re: Phone powers off automatically after switching it on (Nokia 6100)

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: Phone powers off automatically after switching it on (Nokia 6100)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:42:42 +0100 (CET)

Op 2004-01-09 om 10:00 schreef Johannes Zellner:

> well, not really the same. The 6110 phone uses the 6100 driver, while my
> 6100 phone uses the 6510 driver. Anyway: which kernel modules do you
> use, especially which infrared modules? (irtty / irport / ircomm ?)

Strange, according to how I read the documentation in gnokii/Docs the 6510
driver does not support the Nokia 6100 and the 6100 driver supports the
Nokia 6100. in Docs/gnokii-ir-howto the Nokia 6100 is mentioned as one of
the phones tested with and supported by the infrared driver and it is also
mentioned that phones which are supported by the infrared driver will not
work with Irda (I tried it, I could get my 6110 recognized by the Irda
module but nothing else worked. At that time I wrote a number of emails
about my problems to this mailinglist before I found this out.)

To get a phone supported by the gnokii infrared protocol to work all Irda
modules will have to be removed, so I don't have irtty, irport or ircomm,
as far as I know they are all part of the Irda protocol. Gnokii with
infrared will communicate directly with the infrared port (as long as that
port supports the SIR protocol, on my laptop I had to switch that support
on in the BIOS).

On my desktop I have a Irda dongle. It will only work with the Irda
protocol. I tried to get that to work with my 6110 but it was impossible.
Luckely I did not damage the phone during those tests.

Aart
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mtack/