Re: Gnokii, 6510, irda - detected but not working

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii, 6510, irda - detected but not working
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:47:46 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Can someone please help me?  I am using an USB IrDA dongle with the
> stir4200 driver (not the regular irda-usb).  I get the following error
> when I run Gnokii with my 6510 (irdadump output below):
>
> address@hidden:~$ gnokii --identify
> GNOKII Version 0.5.7
> connect: No route to host
> Couldn't open PHONET device: No route to host
> Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
> Quitting.

http://www.gnokii.org/faq.shtml#irda
Also I got the following hint from Yaten Kou:

<quote>
in addition to answer for

  When connecting by IrDA I got "Couldn't open PHONET device: No route to
  host" message. What can be wrong?

If you are using dongle, try to load the correct module for your dongle.
</quote>

In other words: you should run irattach with -d switch.