RE: getnetworkinfo question

From: Benjamin Judd
Subject: RE: getnetworkinfo question
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:17:56 -0700

NO that network information is set by AT&T and may or may not correspond to
an FCC licensed tower.  The LAC or Location Area Code is in hex and refers
to a boundary determined by AT&T for subdividing the network to keep paging
(sending information to your phone that someone is calling you) to a minimum
as it is sent to your phone by all cells in a LAC.  The Cell id is also in
hex and is an identifier used by AT&T to determine the particular cell you
are on.  There are often three cell on a particular tower.  That was a
little long winded sorry.