Re: import / export contacts into/ from file

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: import / export contacts into/ from file
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:21:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Helge Deller wrote:

> > Yes, indeed quite impressive (though many warnings that are common with
> > most kde apps).
>
> Details ?
> What kind of warnings ? Compile-time or runtime warnings ?

Runtime errors. Last few lines from the konsole:
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
QComboBox::setCurrentItem: (unnamed) Index 3 out of range
kontact: WARNING: No QApplication object available, you'll get a memleak!
QMetaObject::findSignal:KOTodoListView: Conflict with
QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)

> At one point I started Calendar support, but I never finished something
> really.
> An implementation of my new idea instead was, that a phone is a "normal"
> thing,
> which means, that you just click on Konqueror->Devices, select the
> connected phone and then just drag&drop things around, either to/from the
> Phone/KAddressbook, to a directory to store a contact as .cvf file, or to the
> KOrganizer
> to import/export single events. The code is in kdepim/kmobile/, but it's not
> compiled yet by default.

Whoa! What should I compile by hand to enable this?

> > Any chance to see:
> > ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.1/contrib/Slackware/9.1/
> > compiled with gnokii support?
>
> It seems Jean-Christophe Fargette <address@hidden> packaged this package.
> All which needs to do be done is to install the devel-packages for gnokii
> before
> compilation of kdepim, but since <fargette.com> doesn't seems to resolve
> right now
> I can't tell him. Maybe some other slackware users are here on this list and
> could
> tell him ?

I just found out that it is a bit strange:
address@hidden:~$ ls /opt/kde/lib/kde3/*gnokii*
/opt/kde/lib/kde3/libkaddrbk_gnokii_xxport.la*
/opt/kde/lib/kde3/libkaddrbk_gnokii_xxport.so*
So that it is compiled just it is not enabled somewhere. When trying to
enable import from the phone in addressbook I got warning that
gnokii interface is not enabled...

p k o t a t b e z s e n s u d o t p l
http://www.gnokii.org/