Re: trange problem with 6310I and bluetooth.

From: Toby Fisher
Subject: Re: trange problem with 6310I and bluetooth.
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:15:52 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Pawel Kot wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Toby Fisher wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to use a ub bluetooth device to communicate with my 6310I for
> > sending sms messages etc.  I've managed to pair the devices without a
> > problem, I used sdptool to figure out which rfcomm channel I needed, I
> > assume it's the one for COM 1 on the phone, and all seemed well.  However,
> > once I've made 1, sometimes 2, connections to the phone, I can get no
> > further response from it,gnokii complains that the resource is temporarily
> > unavailable.  I can use hcitool to scan for the phone, but i can no longer
> > l2ping it, or anything.  In addition, trying to send an sms message gives
> > me a command failure error, seemingly from the network as data appears to
> > go out from the phone.
>
> Reboot the phone. Probably you don't close the connection cleanly. If it
> still doesn't work, reload bluetooth drivers.

Perhaps I was not quite clear, by 1 or 2 connections, for instance, I mean
that I read 1 or 2 sms messages, so if the connection isn't going down
cleanly, that would suggest a Gnokii problem?
In addition I need to try and avoid a reload of the bt drivers, as I was
on the Bluez list and they said that usb doesn't like being reloaded, you
have to reboot the computer to do that, and rebooting the phone doesn't
seem to help, I have to take it out of range for an hour or so, that's
quite a slow way to read half a dozen texts!:-)
Cheers.

--
Toby Fisher     Email: address@hidden
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272 Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239