Re: Export addressbook problem with l atest CVS

From: Bostjan Muller
Subject: Re: Export addressbook problem with l atest CVS
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:21:48 +0200 (CEST)

Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Bostjan Muller wrote:
>
>> Same with vcard export after each name there seems to be an extra 0A
>> (\n)
>> char in there.
>>
>> I think the last change was this:
>> +               namelen = char_unicode_encode(pos + 1, pe->name,
>> namelen);
>> +               *pos++ = namelen;
>> which dealt with the unicode problem, could this have caused the
>> addition
>> of newline?
>
> Which phone driver is this?
>
> pkot

the driver is 7110, the phone is nokia 6210

Another problem just occured, I was having problems adding single entries
to the phonebook (vcard/raw format). So I made a backup of the whole
phonebook (both formats) and then I deleted the whole phonebook from the
phone, and tried to restore it via gnokii, but neither format allowed me
to reimport even one single contact. Here is the output:

gnokii --writephonebook --memory ME -f <nokia6210_latest.raw
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
Data format is not valid.
Regards/Lep pozdrav

gnokii --writephonebook --memory ME -o <nokia6210_latest.raw
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
Data format is not valid.

gnokii --writephonebook --memory ME -v <nokia6210.vcf
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
Error (Invalid type of memory.)

So now I have an empty addressbook on the phone, I hope someone knows what
I did wrong so I can restore the data from the pc back to the phone.

Boštjan Müller
--
[*]   Bostjan Müller | address@hidden | http://n.neonatus.net/    [*]
[*] PGP key --> finger: address@hidden, DSA id: 0x9B2FF108 [*]