OpenBSD cvs compile works - but I have a new problem now.

From: nemir nemiria
Subject: OpenBSD cvs compile works - but I have a new problem now.
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:02:43 +0000

hiya everyone.

I managed to get the latest cvs to compile, but had to make some edits to Makefile.global.in and configure.in. Well, to be honest I had help for that bit. :-)

The test for pthreads in configure.in doesn't seem to work so good, so it's been rewritten. Also, the @LTLIBINTL@ used in MAkefile.global was never expanded by configure. And isn't used anywhere else that I could find. The line that says:

       LIBS += @LTLIBINTL@

now says:

       LIBS += -lintl

the current port versions, libtool-1.3.5p3, automake-1.4-p6p1 & autoconf-2.59 are sufficient, just have to run the autogen.sh and gmake commands thus:

$ AUTOCONF_VERSION=2.59 CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./autogen.sh

$ gmake LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

So anyways, all was great. edited ~/.gnokiirc to talk to the phone, ran gnokii --identify and got the following output:

#>gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
IMEI         : (unknown)
Manufacturer : (unknown)
Model        : (unknown)
Revision     : (unknown)

All those unknows were a bit worrying. I sent an sms to test the that function (it being the only function I require for this box) and got the following error:

SMS Send failed (Problem occured internal to model specific code.)

I turned on debug, ran it again and got output that I put in a tar file along with the updated Makefile and configure files.... I read the Docs/Bugs file and sent it as part of a bugreport to a different address, but it is tiny so I figure I will add it here, too.

Smart Saving with ING Direct – earn 5.25% p.a. variable rate: http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7249209;8842331;n?http://www.ingdirect.com.au/burst6offer.asp?id=8