Re: Couldn't open /.gnokiirc config file

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Couldn't open /.gnokiirc config file
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:39:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> I have a little problem. When i'm sending sms via self-made web-interface
> sms.cgi, sms is delivered correctly to my test phone, but browser shows
> "Internal server error"-page and the log-file where the output goes looks
> like this:
>
> HOME variable missing
> WARNING: cannot open logfile, logs will be directed to stderr
> GNOKII Version 0.6.3
> Couldn't open /.gnokiirc config file,
> Send succeeded!
>
> Default apache-user is 'gnokii' (httpd.conf) and it have permissions to
> all necessary files. I've also copied .gnokiirc to various places like /etc,
> /home/gnokii. When I run the perl-script (which the sms.cgi is calling)
> from command line by user 'gnokii', there were no errors generated in same
> log file. Can someone tell me what should i do with this?

Gnokii looks for $HOME/.gnokiirc and then, if it's not found, for
/etc/gnokiirc. Apparently, /etc/passwd points / as the homedir of gnokii
user or the script is being execute as other user. Anyway, this command
seems to succeed, as probably /etc/gnokiirc is available for reading.

p k o t a t b e z s e n s u d o t p l
http://www.gnokii.org/