Re: "Pop" ports

From: Chris Kemp
Subject: Re: "Pop" ports
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:32:03 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Timothy Murphy wrote:

I was reading that most (if not all) new Nokia phones
have a "pop port" on the end,
which looks to me like the old connector but with more "terminals".

Does one need a new kind of cable for these phones?

Happy Christmas all!

Well my 7600 has a "pop-port" and as you say it is a bit like the old connector only bigger. But most don't seem to do fbus over this port at all. However, my 7600 came with a usb lead (dku2) and I've recently added support for this to gnokii.

Regards, Chris