Nokia USB cable Vendor ID

From: Steven Feil
Subject: Nokia USB cable Vendor ID
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:18:13 -0600 (CST)

I'm trying to get GPRS working with my Nokia phone.

I am beginning to think that I have the wrong type of USB cable. My
cable contains a USB to serial bridge in it. I am starting to think
that the Nokia USB phone cables that support GPRS and Hays style AT
commands use a cable that contains something other than a USB to
serial bridge.

If you have a working Nokia USB cable I would appreciate greatly it if
you can tell me the USB Vendor/Product ID that is reported to your
computer. So I can look up and find out what chip the USB port is
communicating with.  I would also like to know if you have tried
communication to your phone using AT commands and if you have tried
GPRS successfully.