6230-DKU2 patch install

From: jeff leary
Subject: 6230-DKU2 patch install
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello.

please excuse these seemingly simple questions. I have
been digging through online documents but cant find
answers anywhere.
Im not a developer or Linux guru... just a perl hack
and occasional unix scripter who is quite lost.

I am trying to get a 6230 with usb DKU2 cable working
with Mandrake 10.1 (kernel 2.6.8 i think)

- which usb port my 6230 is plugged into -
for the gnokiirc config PORT setting, how can I tell
which usb port my 6230 is plugged into? what is the
tty address? is there a simple app that will output
this info?
I have many listed TTY ports in my /dev folder. How do
i tell which are active? Also, I have no /dev/usb
folder. Is this normal?

- How do I install the DKU2 kernel patch? -
I tried to do make and gmake in the patches/kernel_2.6
folder, but it didnt work. I got this message:
address@hidden kernel_2.6]$ gmake
gmake: *** /lib/modules/2.6.8.1-12mdk/build: No such
file or directory. Stop.
gmake: *** [module] Error 2

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,