Re: Nokia 6670/ Mandriva LE 2005

From: Istvan Seidel
Subject: Re: Nokia 6670/ Mandriva LE 2005
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:07:08 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2005 21:22 schrieb Pawel Kot:

> > I have nokia 6670 and want to synchronize with kadressbook.
> > I have vonnected the phone with usb cable, when i try to export my
> > contacts to the phone i get:
> >
> > 'Die Schnittstelle zum Mobiltelefon konnte nicht initialisiert werden.
there is no initialisation contact to my nokia.

> > address@hidden ~]$ gnokii --identify
> > GNOKII Version 0.6.4
I installed gnokii from mandriva .rpm, is it better to take the new version
from tar.gz, or do you know of a newer rpm?

> > Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
> > Quitting.

> And your config file is... ?
do you mean /etc/gnokiirc?:

# This is a sample ~/.gnokiirc file.  Copy it into your
# home directory and name it .gnokiirc.
#

[global]

# Set port to the physical serial port used to connect to your phone.
# Linux version is:
port = /dev/ttyS0
# For MacOSX you will need something like:
# port = /dev/cu.USA28X1P1.1
#
# Use this setting also for the Bluetooth connection:
# port = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

# Set model to the model number of your phone
model = 6670

# Initlength controls the number of characters sent to the
# phone during initialisation.  You can either set it to
# the word "default" or a positive integer.
#
# You can try setting this value if you want to connect
# to the phone quicker.  If you've never noticed the
# connection to be slow, it is suggested that you
# leave this alone.  Read the initialisation code in fbus-xxxx
# to understand what this changes if you're curious.
initlength = default

# The type of the connection, for IR set this to infrared or irda.
# For the nk6110 driver only infrared is valid for the IrDA connection.
# See Docs/gnokii-ir-howto for more detailes on this.
# If you have 6210/6250/7110 phone and dau9p cable (the one you can
# use with 6100 series and cannot use hardware modem from the phone)
# you may want to use 'dau9p' value to get faster initialization.
# If you use dlr3 or dlr3p cable for nokia phones in FBUS mode (ie.
# you don't use model = AT) you may want to use 'dlr3p' value here.
# Note that it is recommended and currently the best way to use this
# cable with nk6510 driver.
connection = serial

# Set this to 'yes' if you want gnokii to set and check the lock file in
# /var/lock directory. It avoids potential conflicts with other serial
# port software (eg. minicom). If you have wrong permissions for the
# directory, a warning will be generated. If you don't want a lockfile, set
# it to 'no'.
use_locking = yes

# Baudrate to use on serial port connections.
# Currently used only by models AT and BIP/CIMD. Defaults to 19200.
serial_baudrate = 19200

# Force waiting after each send character the specified usec time.
# Value -1 forces the fastest 'block' writing,
# value 0 writes each character separately without any explicite waiting,
# other positive values specify the appropriate 1/1000000 sec delaying.
# Siemens M20 requires at least "1"!  FIXME: Model-driven autodetection
#serial_write_usleep = 10000

# Force serial port handshaking mode, useful primarily for "AT" model.
# Gnokii "AT" model uses software handshake by default.
# Possible values: hardware (RTS/CTS - 7 wires) or software (XON/XOFF - 3
wires)
#handshake = software

# If defined (not commented out by '#') it will quit Gnokii anytime
# when DCD line will drop.
#require_dcd = 1

# If you are using a bluetooth connection, you can specify the rfcomm
# channel number here. Default value is 1.
#rfcomm_channel = 1

# Run the specified script(s) right after opening and initializing the device
# and before any communucation (right before closing for disconnect_script).
# You may find handy to use it to connect your modem to SMS Center
# when using BIP or CIMD protocols
# Non-absolute path is relative to the specific directory where gnokii is run!
#connect_script = /absolute/path/to/gnokii/Docs/sample/cimd-connect
#disconnect_script =

# When sending SMS you can experience timeouts. This is the feature of the
# overloaded SMSCs. The phones waits for the response from the SMSC confirming
# that it received the short message. When the SMSC is DoSed with many
requests
# it will take more time to get the response. Adjust it to your needs. The
# value is given in seconds to wait. Defaults to 10 seconds. Set to 0 to wait
# forever.
smsc_timeout = 10

# Set bindir to point to the location of the various gnokiid binaries.
# In particular ensure that mgnokiidev is in this location, with
# permissions 4750, owned by root, group gnokii.  Ensure you
# are in the gnokii group and that the group exists...
[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/sbin/

# Any entries in the following two sections will be set as environment
# variables when running the scripts.
# Handy for use for $VAR substitutions in your chat(8) script.
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]

# The following parameters control how libgnokii handle the debugging
messages.
# Currently there are three categories: "debug" controls the libgnokii
# normal debug output, "rlpdebug" controls the debug output of the RLP
# subsystem, and "xdebug" is used by the xgnokii or smsd.

[logging]

# where to log the debug output (on: stderr)
debug = off

# where to log the rlp debug output (on: stderr)
rlpdebug = off

# where to log X debug output (on: stderr)
xdebug = off

i copied this now in my /home directory and named it .gnokiirc, what do i have
to change in it?

best regards:
Istvan