Re: Solaris and libintl.la

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Solaris and libintl.la
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:07:08 +0200

Hi,

2005/8/19, address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> Thanks Pawel. Makefile.global is attached re: libintl.la error.

Can you provide also config.log?

> I found a way to compile Gnokii without getting the libintl.la error. That was
> to use the --disable-nls flag. However, gmake install produces errors to do
> with the find command. I suspect it is because the find command included in
> Solaris 10 is not GNU find.

Yes, we need GNU find to do the job.

> Is there a way around this without installing GNU find? This would mean that
> Gnokii can be installed on a default (full) install of Solaris 10 without the
> need to add any additional software... and that would be great.

Is GNU make provided within a default Solaris 10 install and GNU find
isn't? I think we require also some autotools...

> I have also found that if I use both --disable-nls and --without-x flags, I am
> able to successfully install Gnokii. It appears that the find error is only
> produced if Gnokii is compiled with X support.

Indeed.

>   /usr/bin/find . -type d \! -path "*CVS*" \
>        -exec /tmp/gnokii-0.6.8/config/install-sh -c -d
> /opt/gnokii/share/xgnokii/help/{} \; ; \
>   /usr/bin/find . -type f \! -path "*CVS*" \
>        -exec /tmp/gnokii-0.6.8/config/install-sh -c -m 644 {}
> /opt/gnokii/share/xgnokii/help/{} \; \

If you are able to reqrute these lines to do the job without find,
that would be it.

take care,
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/